Nancy, located about 300km east of Paris, is at 1:30 hours by TGV from Paris. There are direct trains to Nancy station from Paris-Est. Other TGV trains connect Paris CDG airport and other major French cities with the TGV Lorraine train station, located about 40km from Nancy, which is reached by shuttle bus in about 40 minutes. Other trains reach Nancy from Strasbourg (and Switzerland and the south of Germany) and from Luxembourg and Metz (linking Nancy with Benelux and Germany). Consult the DB Web site for train connections to Nancy from within Europe.
By plane, Nancy is best reached through Paris CDG or Orly airports. From Paris CDG, you can catch a direct train to the TGV Lorraine station and then continue by shuttle bus. From Paris CDG or Orly, you can take the RER B to Gare du Nord, walk or take the Metro 4 to Gare de l'Est and take a TGV to Nancy train station. Luxembourg airport can be convenient as well: take the bus to Luxembourg train station, from which there are frequent connections to Nancy.
Alternatives are Frankfurt or Strasbourg airports. Low-cost flights reach Basel-Mulhouse or Frankfurt-Hahn, but it can be more difficult to reach Nancy from these airports by public transportation. Metz-Nancy regional airport is located close to the TGV Lorraine station and is served by the same shuttle buses.
Getting to LORIA
LORIA is located on the campus of the Faculty of Sciences of Nancy University (Université Henri Poincaré). Its physical address is
615 rue du Jardin BotaniqueFrom the train station, LORIA is easily reached by bus or by tram.
tel. (+33) 383 59 30 00
See conference venue, tram line and stop on FroCoS+Tableaux Google map
Access by bus: Take
line (also known as 128) from the
Nancy Gare stop in the
Vandoeuvre CHU - Stan Campus and get
off at the stop
Grande Corvée. LORIA is on your left, walk
uphill about 30m. (The bus stop is in Rue du Jardin Botanique,
facing the back side of LORIA, the main entrance to LORIA is on the
other side.) The bus ride takes less than 15 minutes, buses run
every 8-15 minutes during working hours.
Access by tram:
Nancy Gare stop in the direction of
Vandoeuvre CHU and get off at the stop
Callot. Then traverse the University campus (see map below):
from the tram stop, go right in the direction of Lycée Jacques
Callot, then follow the street uphill (turning left), finally enter
the campus. LORIA is the white building on the top of the hill. The
tram takes less than 15 minutes and runs approximately every 7-15
minutes during working hours.
The LORIA building is the red placemark on our FroCoS+Tableaux Google map
View FroCoS + Tableaux main sites in a larger map
AccommodationSee selected hotels on FroCoS+Tableaux Google map
We have negotiated special rates at Residhome Appart Hotel Nancy Lorraine: from 55€ per night and per room. Please specify "INRIA" when booking, before August 1st 2013.
Residhome Nancy Lorraine
9 boulevard de la Mothe - 54000 NANCY
Tel : +33 (0)3 83 19 55 60
- Best Western Hôtel Crystal (***)
5 rue Chanzy, 54000 Nancy
tel: +33 (0) 3 83 17 54 00, fax: +33 (0) 3 83 17 54 30
- Coeur de City Hotel Nancy Stanislas (***)
61 rue Pierre Semard, 54000 Nancy
tel: +33 (0) 3 83 32 28 53, fax: +33 (0) 3 83 32 79 97
- Hôtel Mercure Nancy Centre Stanislas (***)
5 rue des Carmes, 54000 Nancy
tel: +33 (0) 3 83 30 92 60, fax: +33 (0) 3 83 30 92 92
- Hôtel de Guise (**)
18 rue de Guise, 54000 Nancy
tel: +33 (0) 3 83 32 24 68, fax: +33 (0) 3 83 35 75 63
- Hôtel Ibis Styles Nancy Centre Gare (ex all seasons) (**)
3 rue de l'Armée Patton, 54000 Nancy
tel: +33 (0) 3 83 40 31 24, fax: +33 (0) 3 83 28 47 78
RestaurantsSee FroCoS+Tableaux Google map for a short selection of restaurants in Nancy. Finding a good place to eat is not an issue in Nancy.
Places to seeThere are many places worth visiting in Nancy and around. We refer to the Tourist Office for a more exhaustive presentation of those places, and give here our very short list.
- Nancy is famous around the world for its group of architectural masterpieces inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List: Place Stanislas, Place de la Carrière and Place d’Alliance. The Grand Hôtel de la Reine located on Place Stanislas will host the FroCoS+Tableaux Conference Dinner.
- Not far away from Place Stanislas, you can find the old town. The FroCoS reception will take place in the Dukes Palace in the old town. Do not forget before coming or after leaving, to have a look at the Craffe gate, one of the famous views of Nancy.
- Nancy is also famous for its many Art Nouveau houses. A map with the major Art Nouveau houses can be downloaded from the Tourist Office.
- For a walk in a park, go to the Pépinière Park, a large green area a few meters away from Place Stanislas and the old town.